Published on August 18th, 2013 | by Jose Vasquez1
5 Principles of SEO for Startup Tech Companies
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is a great strategy for startup tech companies to be found easily online, but these five principles must be followed.
Many companies have risen to the top of Google search rankings by employing SEO techniques—but these techniques have changed over time as major search engines have made it a point to weed out spam-riddled content and practices that lead to poor quality content.
As an entrepreneur of a startup tech company, you might be completely unfamiliar or highly acquainted with SEO. Either way, you’ll have to follow these five modern principles of SEO in order to be successful in the search engine game:
- Quality over Quantity. It’s good to have lots of content, but you have to make sure it’s something people will want to read. Without quality content, your SEO plan is doomed to fail, so take your time and make sure your content is worth reading.
- Consistency is Crucial. Be consistent both in the tone you use in writing your articles and the frequency at which you post them. Readers and search engine algorithms alike value consistency, and without it you might lose or cripple the potential of your reputation.
- More Channels Means More Results. Make sure you syndicate your content across multiple channels—the more channels you use, the more people are going to see it, and the higher authority it will register in major search engines. Use many social media platforms, but post sparingly to avoid coming off as spam.
- Don’t Forget About Backlinks. Build backlinks to your site on other websites to help build your web authority. Make sure these are quality links that are relevant to your subject, and not just randomly posted.
- Build a Community. Encourage engagement with others in your industry, including similar companies and individuals in the space. Respond to comments quickly and appropriately, and help people feel at home with your brand. This will increase sharing, and distribute your content even further.
Follow these five major principles of SEO, and your startup tech company will see the benefits. Remember, SEO is a long-term strategy that pays off over time, so be patient and consistent.