Published on July 24th, 2013 | by Jose Vasquez0
6 Ways to Make the Most of Your Morning in Startup Tech Companies
Adopt these simple tricks into your morning routine, and start your day as an entrepreneur with an extra boost of productivity.
Like most entrepreneurs, you probably struggle with getting everything done. Every day, your to-do list grows longer and it becomes more and more difficult to catch up. Most startup tech entrepreneurs get up early and end up working long into the night, but that kind of schedule is daunting and is not conducive to a long-term strategy for growth.
Instead of trying to work harder or longer, try these simple tricks in the morning to help you knock out annoying bits of work and set yourself up for an organized, productive day.
- Get ready the night before. Do as much as you can as early as you can. Lay out your clothes, get the coffee machine ready, and organize all your items so you can run through your morning routine as fast as possible. Create a task list for the morning and afternoon the night before.
- Avoid your email. Many people immediately fire up their email management system upon waking up. Don’t do it. Once you open and start checking your emails, you’ll get lost in a storm of responses, follow-ups, and distractions. Wait until later.
- Turn off your phone. For the same reasons as item two, you can stand to turn your phone off throughout your morning. You’ll only get distracted if you leave it on.
- Do intensive items first. If you have a few tasks that require lots of creativity or lots of critical thinking, do them as early as possible. You’ll be at your mental best in the morning, so save the inconsequential stuff for later, when you’re a little less fresh.
- Exercise. Starting off your day with a bit of exercise can get blood flowing throughout your body, and help you clear your mind for the day ahead. It can also give you some away time to strategize or prepare for your major daily tasks.
- Start at home. If you can, work from home during the first part of your day. It will help prevent some distractions, and the fresh environment will be rewarding for you.
Once you fix your morning routine, the rest of your day will seem easier to manage. Stay on top of your schedule and make the most of your time as an entrepreneur.